Night Walking in Xi'an: Private Foodie Tour
Xi'an is not only well known for its rich historical and cultural heritages, but it is also renowned for its delicious food. In this short night walking tour, we will take you to visit the most famous food market in Xi'an and taste the most famous food including rou jia mo, guantang buns, and more!
- 05:30 pm Tour starts beside the Bell Tower
- Fanji Restaurant
- Past the Drum Tower to Muslim Street
- Jia San Restaurant
- Barbecue at street stall
- 08:30 pm Tour ends
Meet your guide at a central location beside the Bell Tower in Xi’an and embark on your culinary tour in Xi'an’s vibrant downtown district. Listen as your guide offers intriguing insight into the town’s rich history and then take a seat at your first eatery, Fanji Restaurant.
Sample the restaurant's specialty, rou jia mo, succulent grilled bread stuffed with minced pork, and sip a refreshing rice wine before wandering through the Drum Tower to Muslim Street, an enclave famed for its cosmopolitan community of Chinese Muslims. Enjoy the colorful sights and enticing aromas of street food stalls and sip a bottle of sweet plum juice as you watch candies being made.
Next, head to Jia San Restaurant to pleasure your palate with guantang baozi, steamed buns bursting with flavorful gravy. Savor the flavor of succulent barbecue at another street stall and wash it down with a palate cleansing drink of bingfeng, similar to orange soda. Devour shredded pancaked and sesame fillets at another esteemed eatery and then return to Muslim Street to conclude your tour with a delectable persimmon pancake.
After 3 hours of feasting, say goodbye to your guide and group at a central Xi'an location and make your own way back to your hotel.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Please be advised to bring a bottle of water
- Children in strollers are not recommended, as some areas have limited access
- Please be aware that most of the food will be from street vendors
- Operates in all weather conditions
- All traveler names required
- Hotel info required
|Meetup Location||Central location beside the Bell Tower|
- All food listed in the itinerary
- Friendly local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Additional food and drinks
Have questions about this tour?
Member since 11/16/2016